Loved the Retro/Simulation Aesthetic, providing fast paced gameplay for most floors and the implementation of tools/gadgets to keep gameplay engaging, minor bugs present but great job all around.
A downloadable game for Windows
Neo-Runner is a fast-paced, 3D platformer which combines platforming elements such as running, grappling, and wall-running with First-Person Shooter mechanics.
Run. Shoot. Survive.
Jerry the (evil?) A.I has trapped you in a simulation which seems endless. As test subject 1-0-3D, are you able to escape and discover reality?
In Neo-Runner, you will wall-run, grapple, sprint and boost-pad your way to victory! (OK, maybe you will die a few times, but you get the point).
Who's behind Neo-Runner?
- Lewis Moholt | Team Lead, Programmer, Level Design, Sound Effects. @LinkedIn | @Website | @YouTube
- Rachel Thomas | Programmer, Level Design. @LinkedIn
- Joshua Price | Programmer, Level Design. @LinkedIn
- Joseph Morgan | 3D Artist, Level Design. @LinkedIn
- Barbara Lo Giudice | 3D Artist. @LinkedIn | @Website | @YouTube
- Noah Curtis | Music. @Website
Esc - Pause Game
W, A, S, D - Movement
Space - Jump
F - Interact/Pickup
R - Reload
Left-Click - Shoot weapon
Right-Click (Hold) - Shoot grapple hook
- Download the .zip file below.
- Extract the folder.
- Open the .exe file to run.
- Have fun! =]
Neo-Runner is still in a development state. If you have 5 minutes spare and would like to provide us with your invaluable feedback or bug reports, please report them using the following link: https://forms.gle/VgBooWpdmzG5wQBFA
Your feedback is much appreciated!
- Grapple hook animation not displaying correctly on lower spec machines. (Typically systems using integrated graphics). If you encounter this bug, please modify the resolution and graphics settings, and keep testing the grapple hook until a balance is found. The 'wave' of the grapple hook should not be extreme. (Recommended Fixes: Low Graphics, 1366x768 Resolution | Low Graphics, 1280x720 Resolution | Medium Graphics, 800x600 Resolution)
Looking for a more retro experience? Try changing the Resolution settings to 320x200, and Graphics settings to Low for a N64-style experience!
Post your Speed-Runner Scores Below!
Have an impressive Speed-Runner score you want to share with others? We'd love to hear your time records in the comments below! Or if you just want to share your thoughts on the game, please let us know in the comments below!
|Made with||Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter & designer, Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, FL Studio, Unity, Audacity|
|Tags||3D, Difficult, Fast-Paced, First-Person, fps-platformer, Singleplayer, Speedrun, Unity|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
- Neo-Runner v1.0 (Updated)Jul 09, 2021